Saturday, February 28, 2009

Competency 6: Databases/Citation Pearl Search




For my Citation Pearl search I used LibLit as a database to search.

I typed in the author Denise Geier I had found in a previous search. I used one of the subject headings children's reading projects to begin a search. This gave me 1080hits. I had to modify my search by adding elementary or middle school library and this brought my search down to 71 hits. I found two great articles I did not fiind before by using this search.

Hall, S. (2007, October). How I learned to run a really popular book club and what I learned about its effect on students' reading skills and attitude. Teacher Librarian 35, 1 32-36.

Patten, K.B. et al. (2007, June). iPods and English-Language Learners: A Great Combination. Teacher Librarian 34, 5, 40-44.

No comments:

Post a Comment